You are here: Home - News - BUCKAROO BANZAI IS BACK!

BUCKAROO BANZAI IS BACK!

Posted by on July 18th, 2011 with 49 Comments

PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CALLING ALL BLUE BLAZE IRREGULARS…

Buckaroo Banzai Adventure Game Coming In Spring 2012 From Adamant Entertainment

Adamant Entertainment, in association with the Banzai Institute for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information, has entered into a license agreement by which Adamant will be producing the Buckaroo Banzai Adventure Game — a training manual for Blue Blaze Irregulars which uses the format of a tabletop role-playing game in order to prepare BBI recruits for the sorts of situations in which they may find themselves while aiding Buckaroo. The training manual will feature guidelines for taking on the roles of either your own Blue Blaze Irregular Strike Team, or the roles of Dr. Buckaroo Banzai and the Hong Kong Cavaliers themselves. Familiarize yourselves with global threats ranging from Red Lectroids from Planet 10 to Hanoi Xan and the World Crime League; Learn about the specialized equipment available from the Banzai Institute, such as the Oscillation Overthruster and the Jet Car; And begin to embrace the motto of the Blue Blaze Irregulars: “Helping him to help us.”

“Buckaroo’s on sabbatical in the lamasery in Kathmandu,” said Reno Nevada, the Banzai Institute’s director of merchandising, and tenor saxophone for the Hong Kong Cavaliers, “But he’s pleased as punch about the Adventure Game. We’ve discussed the need for a training manual for the Blue Blaze Irregulars, outside of Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance and The Hagakure. So yeah, Thumbs Up from Buckaroo, and from us here at the Institute.”

“As a BBI since the release of Docudrama in 1984, I am thrilled to be working with the Banzai Institute,” said Gareth-Michael Skarka, director of Adamant Entertainment. “It’s been a dream project of mine, and I’m honored that Buckaroo has seen fit to give us his blessing.”

The Buckaroo Banzai Adventure Game will ship to game stores worldwide in Spring 2012, and will feature a cover by acclaimed illustrator Dave Dorman.

ABOUT ADAMANT ENTERTAINMENT: Adamant Entertainment has been at the forefront of the electronic publishing segment of the entertainment industry for seven years, offering innovation and standard-setting performance for digital delivery of tabletop role-playing games. For more information, visit www.adamantentertainment.com or follow on Twitter at @AdamantEnt.

ABOUT THE BANZAI INSTITUTE: The Banzai Institute for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information is an independent, non-profit research organization of ranking scientists. Its East Coast campus is located an hour from New York City in Holland township, New Jersey. Founded by Dr. B. Banzai in 1972 to fulfill a need of the scholarly community for greater continuity of research, the Institute supports scientific endeavours in many fields that would otherwise go unfunded. Doctor Banzai can be followed on Twitter at @b_banzai

All rights to Buckaroo Banzai, except those expressly granted in writing to other parties, are © 2009 Earl Mac Rauch and W.D. Richter.

49 Comments

1. CouchGuy says:

Two words: Out Standing!

That cover art is dead-on perfect. Tackling any much-beloved licensed property in the role-playing space is a tough job. This is obviously in excellent hands and I look forward to the release of the game with much glee!

2. kamandi68 says:

Awesome! Can’t wait. I guess it’s too early to ask for more details. :)

3. GMSkarka says:

A little bit, yeah. :)

4. Sunsword says:

Will this use the Odyssey system or something else?

5. GMSkarka says:

Entirely new system.

6. [...] Adamant Entertainment » Blog Archive » BUCKAROO BANZAI IS BACK!. [...]

7. drow says:

will it authoritatively answer how “John Bigboote” is properly pronounced, and the effect this has on combat initiative?

looking forward to it, regardless.

8. Todd Zircher says:

Woot! Seriously looking forward to this title!

Is this an already funded project or were you thinking of starting a kickstarter for it?

TAZ

9. GMSkarka says:

I think I’d feel strange using Kickstarter for a licensed product. We’ll go with traditional funding on this — and pre-orders will probably start in early December.

10. Sweet! Have you decided to use an existing system or create a new one for it or is that still to be hashed out?

11. relayer says:

glad to see what got started in 1995 is still going strong. Shoutouts to Arclight and the rest of the BBIs circa 1995-1998.

-relayer

12. Do we know what the price point is going to be for this product?

13. I would pre-order this right now!

14. ArcLight says:

About time! As a loyal BBI since…well, forever it seems, and maintainer of the Buckaroo Banzai mailing lists and World Watch OnLine website since the late 90s I’d be more than willing to help any way I can and call in a Strike Team of BBIs to assist.

15. GMSkarka says:

Not quite yet, no.

16. GMSkarka says:

I’ve been a loyal member of your mailing list and site since then as well! (BBI G-Man, reporting in!)

17. rkt88edmo says:

This page needs a signup to be notified via email for pre-orders/product release info!

@relayer – I still wish station 23 were around!

18. [...] Adamant Entertainment has announce an officially licensed roleplaying game, coming in 2012. One would think that I’d be thrilled. It’s as if the mothership is returning. Somehow, I’m unable to muster a lot of enthusiasm. [...]

19. Bill Templeton says:

Gareth, you have just made me and Buckaroo fans everywhere absurdly happy. I’ve been waiting all my life to be a part of the Banzai Institute. THANK YOU.

20. BBI Red Phoenix says:

SCHHHWEEEET!
    Calling all BBIs in Portland, OR: when are we starting up a gaming group? Spring 2012!

21. Todd Zircher says:

Just for giggles since you made an press release, you should add the game to the wikipedia article for buckaroo banzai, also adamant entertainment has no entry there.

TAZ

22. [...] Adamant Entertainment poinformowało o podpisaniu umowy na wydanie Buckaroo Banzai Adventure Game, przygodowej gry fabularnej, opartej [...]

23. [...] I saw this week that Adamant Entertainment announced a game based on the movie The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across t…, I got giddy. And the song from the closing credits wouldn’t stop playing over and over in my [...]

24. [...] Age System: Midgard Bestiary, WoD: Glimpses of the Unknown, Buckaroo Banzai: the RPG Segments: None Main Event: Interview with Sean Bailey Sean’s E-mail: [...]

25. NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO, THERE YOU ARE…

26. Bill Phelan says:

About time. Is there a mailing list of where it will be available?

27. GMSkarka says:

It will be available via comics and games stores worldwide, as well as sites like Amazon, in April.

28. Chant Macleod says:

Got my copy pre-ordered! Hot dog!

29. [...] The Buckaroo Banzai Adventure Game is on schedule for a release this Summer, and is currently available for pre-order (click the “Store” link above). Our original press release can be read here. [...]

30. Chris Baker says:

I have never given up! Thank you

31. Britgeekgrrl says:

Best news I’ve heard in weeks. Can’t wait to see (and buy!) the game!

32. Enmascarado says:

Looks interesting. Like the cover art.

33. Chris Genson says:

Is this out yet? If so, where can I find it? If not, when will it be available?

34. GMSkarka says:

We are currently awaiting approval from the licensor. Once they’ve given it, we’ll release immediately.

35. Todd Zircher says:

Excellent news! Thanks for the update.

36. Matt says:

Any updates on when preordered games will go out?

37. Todd Zircher says:

Aye, a timely update would be appreciated.

38. Pedro says:

Pfff!
    Buckaroo has left the building?
    Is he in a voyage throw time & Space?
    …Or had it been canceled?

Update, please!

39. GMSkarka says:

Absolutely not cancelled. We are awaiting final approvals from the licensor — as such, we’re unfortunately at the mercy of their schedule (this is pretty much part for the course for licensing, I’m afraid — especially when dealing with a smaller entity that doesn’t have a dedicated licensing department). Once we have their thumbs up, we deliver the digital version to pre-order customers and go to press.

40. Matt says:

Amazing how long it takes…I’m almost at the point of asking for my money back. The photo of my son for the BBIs will be hopelessly out of date and my gaming group I was going to play this with no longer exists!

41. GMSkarka says:

Very sorry to hear that. Place the blame purely on us — We should’ve assumed worse-case for the amount of time it would take, and held off the announcement and pre-order until later in the process.

42. Matt says:

Well I still want it! Just wish my son’s photo would be more up to date. Also would be nice to get an update now and then…even if it’s just to say “pending approval.”

43. Matt says:

Any updates? This is WAAAAY overdue and the lack of communication is really making me feel like I’ve been taken for a ride. I paid my money (a long time ago), where’s my game? You don’t even provide updates!

44. Todd Zircher says:

While I strive to be patient since I know most of this is out of the publisher’s control at this point. An update would be appreciated.

TAZ

45. GMSkarka says:

Nothing new to report — we’re still in approvals limbo. Right now, I’m 100% focused on getting FAR WEST out the door, and once that’s done (soon), I will be turning my attention to seeing what (if anything) can be done to get the wheels moving again.

46. Matt says:

years late now…no updates unless we harangue you…how about just giving me back my money?